• Before moving the device, remove all connected cables.
• If the device is mounted in an EIA standard rack, carefully
read the section “Precautions for Rack Mounting” on page8.
Inadequate ventilation can result in overheating, possibly
causing damage to the device(s), malfunction, or even fire.
• Remove the power plug from the AC outlet when cleaning the
• Do not insert your fingers or hands in any gaps or openings on
the device (vents, etc.).
• Avoid inserting or dropping foreign objects (paper, plastic,
metal, etc.) into any gaps or openings on the device (vents,
etc.) If this happens, immediately turn off the power, unplug
the power cord from the AC outlet, and have the device
inspected by qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• Do not rest your weight on the device or place heavy objects
on it. Avoid applying excessive force to the buttons, switches
or connectors to prevent injuries.
• Avoid pulling the connected cables to prevent injuries or
damage to the device.
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to the
product, damage to data, or damage to other property,
follow the notices below.
Handling and maintenance
• Do not use the device in the vicinity of a TV, radio, AV
equipment, mobile phone, or other electric devices.
Otherwise, the device, TV, or radio may generate noise.
• Do not expose the device to excessive dust or vibration, or
extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a heater,
or in a car during the day), in order to prevent the possibility of
panel disfiguration, unstable operation, or damage to the
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the device,
since this might discolor the panel.
• When cleaning the device, use a dry and soft cloth. Do not
use paint thinners, solvents, cleaning fluids, or chemical-
impregnated wiping cloths.
• Condensation can occur in the device due to rapid, drastic
changes in ambient temperature—when the device is moved
from one location to another, or air conditioning is turned on or
off, for example. Using the device while condensation is
present can cause damage. If there is reason to believe that
condensation might have occurred, leave the device for
several hours without turning on the power until the
condensation has completely dried out.
• Always turn the power off when the device is not in use.
XLR-type connectors are wired as follows (IEC60268 standard):
pin 1: ground, pin 2: hot (+), and pin 3: cold (-).
* Copying of the commercially available musical data including but not limited to
MIDI data and/or audio data is strictly prohibited except for your personal use.
About this manual
* The illustrations and LCD screens as shown in this manual are for instructional
* The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective companies.
About the organic EL display
* Organic EL displays are created using extremely sophisticated technology. For
this reason, there might be a very small number of picture elements that remain
unlit or constantly lit. Also, you might notice line-shaped irregularities in color
or brightness, or changes in color. Such things are due to the structure of an
organic EL display, and are not malfunctions. Thank you for your understanding.
This product contains recyclable components. When disposing of this product,
please contact the appropriate local authorities.
Purchaser/User Information specified in EN55103-2:2009.
Conforms to Environments: E1, E2, E3 and E4
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by
improper use or modifications to the device, or data that is
lost or destroyed.
Information for Users on Collection and Disposal of Old
This symbol on the products, packaging, and/or
accompanying documents means that used electrical
and electronic products should not be mixed with
general household waste.
For proper treatment, recovery and recycling of old
products, please take them to applicable collection
points, in accordance with your national legislation and
the Directives 2002/96/EC.
By disposing of these products correctly, you will help to save valuable
resources and prevent any potential negative effects on human health and the
environment which could otherwise arise from inappropriate waste handling.
For more information about collection and recycling of old products, please
contact your local municipality, your waste disposal service or the point of sale
where you purchased the items.
[For business users in the European Union]
If you wish to discard electrical and electronic equipment, please contact your
dealer or supplier for further information.
[Information on Disposal in other Countries outside the European Union]
This symbol is only valid in the European Union. If you wish to discard these
items, please contact your local authorities or dealer and ask for the correct
method of disposal.
The model number, serial number, power requirements, etc.,
may be found on or near the name plate, which is at the rear
of the unit. You should note this serial number in the space
provided below and retain this manual as a permanent record
of your purchase to aid identification in the event of theft.