P-32+ and P-32 Operator’s Manual P/N: 1001547-01
• • • • • •
This section contains information regarding preventative maintenance and daily care of your Topcon P-32+ or P-32
System. Also included are:
•Cleaning procedures for the Sonic Tracker II Transducer.
•Replacement procedures for the Sonic Tracker II Transducer.
Preventative Maintenance & Daily Care
A good preventative maintenance and daily care routine prevents many problems before they occur. The most
important part of daily care for your Topcon P-32+ or P-32 System is to clean it and keep it free of debris, and to
thoroughly dry removable components (ST-3/ Sonic Tracker I I , the Control Box, and cables) before storing them in
the Carrying Case. I n addition, the following procedures ensure trouble free operation:
1. Keep the Carrying Case clean and dry. Do not leave it open and exposed to the elements. Clean and dry all
components prior to placing them into the Carrying Case.
2. Be sure cables left on the paver are attached to protective connector caps, not in use. Water accumulating on
the connectors can cause electrical shorts.
3. Do not use high pressure spray water steam cleaner hoses directly on cables and components. The
components can be used in the rain or light spraying.
4. Check the Sonic Tracker transducer(s) daily to make sure the transducer(s) are clean and free of debris. See
“ST-3 Cleaning” on page 93 and “Sonic Tracker I I Transducer Cleaning” on page 94.
1. Remove any dirt of debris from the bottom of the ST-3 (Figure 169) by mixing a mild detergent with water and
placing the mixture in a spray bottle (use Simple Green® where available).
2. Thoroughly spray the bottom of the ST-3 with the detergent solution and wipe with a soft cloth.
3. After spraying with detergent, fill the spray bottle with clean water and rinse any residual detergent off of the
4. Allow the ST-3 to dry.
Figure 169: Clean Transducer Area of ST-3
Clean Dirt and Debris from Transducers
Clean Dirt and Debris from Ridges