Control Box Symptoms
P-32+ and P-32 Operator’s Manual P/N: 1001547-01
Figure 178: SAS I cons
3. If more than one SAS icon is red, check trackers individually by plugging Slope Sensors directly into the
single tracker coil cord to determine if trackers or SAS cable is source of error.
4. The defective tracker or SAS cable should be repaired, but SAS can still be operated without all four
trackers. Remember the balance point changes if a tracker is removed.
Control Box Symptom 9
The grade lights flash high and low and do not stay On-Grade.
If problem is only in automatic mode:
1. Hydraulic Performance Settings my be incorrect.
2. Verify paving machines hydraulic flow adjustments (time for hydraulic cylinder to travel full stroke) are set
to manufactures recommendations.
3. Check that the Valve Offsets are set correctly.
4. Check that the Gain setting is too high. Factory setting is 25.
If problem is in manual mode:
1. Verify that temperature bails are clean and securely attached.
2. Verify temperature bail symbol “T” is displayed on face of Tracker. I f not clean or replace transducer.
3. Check that Trackers are between 14 and 24 inches from reference.
4. I f there are gusty winds, lower Tracker closer to reference. Approximately 14 to 16 inches.
5. Move Tracker away from gusty heat source, such as engine fan exhaust.
6. Verify Tracker is not picking up erroneous signals from undesired reference.
7. Example: Head of material, end gate, shoulder grade or material spillage from hopper.
8. If using Stringline, verify line is not bouncing.
9. Check to see if Averaging in Performance Menu is set too low. Factory setting is 50.
10. Check Deadband in Performance Menu is not less than 3mm.
Control Box Symptom 10
The valve is driving the hydraulic cylinder too far, overshooting grade.
Valve Offset in Control Box are set too high.
but Not Detecting
1 2 3 4