Sonic Tracker and SAS Setup
Optional Smoothtrac SAS Placement and Setup
P-32+ and P-32 Operator’s Manual P/ N: 1001547-01
3. Bend the L-bars so they are aligned in the same position and fold inwards so they are close to the paver
(Figure 106). Make sure the clamp handles are loose so the bars can move.
Figure 106: Position of L-bars
4. Lift the ski and slide it over the L-bars. Adjust the ski so it is approximately 2 1/2 feet off the ground. Slide
the locking collar up to the ski and lock in place.
5. Lower each of the Tracker hangers on the SAS and mount a Sonic Trackers using the L-handle bolt
(Figure 107). An extra washer may need to be added so the L-handle does not block the cable connection.
Figure 107: Mounting Sonic Trackers to SAS
6. Connect the SAS coil cable to each tracker (Figure 108).
Figure 108: SAS Cable Connectors to Sonic Trackers
7. Attach temperature bails to each tracker and begin paving.
The ski is easier to mount if the end beams are folded in. Bend the L-bars so they are aligned in the
same position and fold inwards so they are close to the paver. Make sure the clamp handles are loose
enough so bars can move.