GRS-1 Operator’s Manual
Option Authorization File (OAF)
Topcon Positioning Systems issues an Option Authorization File
(OAF) to enable the specific options that customers purchase. An
Option Authorization File allows customers to customize and
configure the receiver according to particular needs, thus only
purchasing those options needed.
Typically, all receivers ship with a permanent OAF. When the
receiver is purchased, a new OAF permanently activates the desired,
purchased options. Receiver options remain intact when clearing the
NVRAM or resetting the receiver.
The OAF enables the following functions. For a complete list of
available options and details, visit the TPS website or consult your
• Type of signal (standard GPS L1 and GLONASS L1)
(At using internal single frequency antenna)
• Type of signal (optional GPS/GLONASS L2, GPS L2C)
(At using external dual frequency antenna)
• RTCM Input/Output (standard)
• Satellite Based Augmentation Systems supported (WAAS and
• RTK at 1Hz, 5Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz, 50Hz, and 100Hz
• Advanced multipath reduction (optional)
• Make sure the GRS-1 is functioning correctly with normal
performance before using it.
• Always make sure the GRS-1 is dry before putting it in the soft
• Do not leave the GRS-1 under strong sunlight for a long time. It
may cause the device to malfunction.