Surveying with the GRS-1 Using Topcon Receiver Utility (TRU)
P/N 7010-0926 3-9
Figure 3-7. GRS-1 and BR-1 Setup
4. Configure the GRS-1 for data collection as described in the
corresponding software manual. For example, if you are using
Field Tools as the data collection software, then refer to the Field
Tools Reference Manual.
5. Begin logging data using the data collection software.
6. When you reach a location to record a point, pause and press the
Ent (Enter) button on the GRS-1. Wait until the point is recorded
before moving to the next location.
Surveying with the GRS-1 and an
External GPS Receiver
This setup uses Bluetooth wireless technology for communication
between the GRS-1 and a GPS receiver.
1. Complete any required pre-survey steps as described in
2. Setup the external GPS receiver according to its documentation.
3. Using BTManager, connect the GRS-1 and GPS receiver as
described in “Connecting the GRS-1 and a Bluetooth Device” on
Ensure the survey configuration is for an external
Connect GRS-1 and
BR-1 Receiver via Bluetooth