This chapter helps you diagnose and solve some common problems
you may encounter with the FC-2500.
Before contacting Topcon support, check the following:
My FC-2500 does not respond when I press the power button
• Make sure the unit is not in Suspend mode
• If the unit is operating on battery power, make sure the batteries
have not discharged.
• Make sure all of the cables are properly connected:
I changed my system settings, but when I turn on the FC-2500,
my settings are gone
You must save the registry after making any system or configuration
I transferred files to the FC-2500 from my computer, but when I
turn on the FC-2500, my transferred files are missing
• To permanently store transferred files, copy the files into internal
flash memory or a compact flash card.
• Occasionally, transferred files can be hidden from view. Double-
tap My Computer, select ViewOptions and clear all boxes.
I cannot connect to the development system using ActiveSync
• Make sure you have administrator access to ActiveSync.
• Confirm the cables are properly connected.
Do not attempt to repair equipment yourself. Doing
so voids your warranty and may damage the