MEASUREMENT IN REF/KRT→TONO/PACHO CONTINUOUS MEASUREMENT MODE
6At a position where the measuring nozzle is 8-9mm from the cornea, tap the button and
thereby set the position of the nozzle limit.
7Return to the Measurement screen and confirm that the position of the nozzle limit icon is
changed, push the main unit a little forward by operating the
of the control panel, and then confirm that a message "Nozzle at limit position" is displayed on
the screen. Setting is complete if the main unit does not go forward any more.
MEASUREMENT IN REF/KRT
TONO/PACHO CONTINUOUS MEASUREMENT MODE
In this mode the measurement is performed continuously left and right eye in REF/KRT and TONO/
Before shipment the default setting is following order; right eye in REF/KRT, left eye in REF/KRT, left
eye in TONO/PACHO and right eye in TONO/PACHO. When the measurement switches REF/KRT
to TONO/PACHO, it takes about 10 seconds for vertical movement of the measuring head.
• Auto mode may not be possible, in cases where the eyelid and the eye-
lashes cover the pupil.
If this occurs, the operator should tell the patient to open their eyes as
wide as possible, or lift the eyelid to allow for measurement.
• Auto mode may not be possible due to frequent blinks or existing abnor-
malities in the corneal surface caused by corneal disease etc. In this case,
select Manual mode.
• The ocular pressure varies due to heart beats and tears. So, if it is not pos-
sible to obtain exact measurement values by measuring only once or
twice, it is recommended to perform ocular pressure measurements sev-
• When operating the instrument, be careful that the instrument does not
touch the patient's eye or nose. If touched, clean the instrument as speci-
fied in "CLEANING THE INSTRUMENT" on page 92.
• If the patient is wearing make up on the eyelid or around the eyelid using
glitter, the auto alignment may not function properly.
In this case, select Manual mode.
• If the machine is moved before the measurement values are displayed, it
might cause an incorrect measurement.
• The beep function for urging cautions is provided so that a finger or a hand
is not pinched between the reverse side of forehead rest, a measuring
head and an ocular pressure measurement window.
• If area far away from the pupil is tapped, the instrument may touch the
patient's eye, eyelid or nose due to auto alignment.
Measuring head forward/backward