4 - 4
4.3 Installing (or Replacing) Pens (Pen model)
(1) Open the front door, and check to see that the recording is OFF, but the power ON
(2) Pull and open the display around the hinge.
(3) Pull out the pen-cartridge by pulling the protruding part of the cartridge from the
1st pen: red,
2nd pen: green,
3rd pen: blue
(4) Remove the cap from a new felt-tip pen, and insert the pen firmly to the pen
(5) Press the [RCD] key to restart the recording.
•Do not press or pinch the felt tip to prevent deformation. Do not move the
pen holder up- or down-scale to protect the driving mechanism.
•Always make sure to remove the pen cap before installation.
Replacement under pen-replacement mode
When a pen is located at a place where its replacement is difficult to do, relocate the pen
by the following procedures:
(1) Check to see that the recording is OFF, but the power ON is necessary.
(2) Press the [PRINT] key, then press the  key to display , and press
the [ENT] key.
(3) Press the  key to display [ ], and press the [ENT] key. The pens will
move near to the center of the scale where the pens can be easily replaced.
NOTE When the pens move, a line is drawn on the chart.
(4) Replace the pen according to the ‘Simple replacement’, (2), (3), and (4) described
(5) After pen replacement the indicator shows , then press the [ENT] key.
(6) To restart recording, press the [RCD] key.