4 - 18
4.8.7 Dot-Position Adjustment (Dot-printing model)
It is recommended to adjust the position of dots at least once a year.
(1) Turn the recorder power on and allow a warm-up time of more than 30 minutes.
(2) Check that the environmental conditions are within normal operating ranges (see
(3) To enter the SET UP mode, turn the power switch off, and turn on again while
pressing the [CH UP] ( ENT) key.
(4) Select  by pressing the  key, and press the [ENT] key.
(5) Select  (leftward movement) or  (rightward movement) or
 (movement toward the center of dotted line) by pressing the  key,
and press the [ENT] key.
NOTE Selection and adjustment should be made in the order of HYS→NULL→FULL.
(6) First, the HYS should be adjusted. A zigzag line will be drawn in the center area
of the chart. When the line is as Figure a, increase the set value, but in case of
Figure b, decrease it.
ure a Fi
The arrows show the moving
direction of the printer head.
The setting consists of a number of five digits.
Select the digit by pressing the  key, and select a numeral by the  key; the
setting range is –7 to 7. Finally press the [ENT] key after all codes are entered.
The dot position movement corresponding to  is 0.1 mm.
NOTE If the [ENT] key is pressed while setting the numeric codes, the indication
changes to [ ], and the numeric codes already set stay valid.
However, pressing the [ESC] key turns them invalid.
(7) The indicator displays , and the dot carriage will move to the adjusted
Confirm the dot carriage position and press the [ENT] key.
(8) The indication returns to  and recording stops. If the recording position is
illegal, press the [ENT] key and repeat step (6); if correct, press the  key and
select  or [ ].
(9) Next, the NULL and FULL should be adjusted. Increase or decrease the setpoint
value to make the dot position accurately overlap the graduated line of the chart.
The setting consists of is a number of five digits.
The setting range is 1 to 15 for NULL, and 970 to 1030 for FULL. Finally press
the [ENT] key after all codes are entered.
The dot position movement corresponding to  is 0.1 mm. Decreasing the
numeral moves the dot position leftward, and increasing moves it rightward.