5. PREPARATION AND FUNCTIONS
5Complete charging by unplugging the plug from the DB-74C battery holder or battery pack
BT-74Q after approximately 13 hours.
6Unplug the AD-15 power plug from the power outlet.
• RUN charge
As illustrated at the right, while charging is in process with the
power supply unit installed to the instrument, you can use the
• Recharging should take place in a room with an ambient
temperature range of 10°C to 40°C (50°F to 104°F).
• Do not perform charging with others except the AC/DC converter AD-15.
• For longer battery life, conform to the suggested charging time to the extent possible.
• The battery source will discharge when stored and should be checked before using with
• Do not recharge the battery when fully charged. Doing so will lower battery performance.
• Be sure to charge stored battery source every 3 or 6 months and store in a place at 30 °C or
below. If you allow the battery to become completely discharged, it will have an effect on future
• Batteries generate power using a chemical reaction and as a result have a limited lifetime.
Even when in storage and not used for long periods, battery capacity deteriorates with the
passage of time. This may result in the operating time of the battery shortening despite having
been charged correctly. In this event, a new battery is required.