1.2 SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
This device is marked with the international caution symbol. It is important to
read this manual before installing or commissioning this device as it contains
important information relating to Safety and EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility).
This instrument is a panel mount device protected in accordance with EN 61010-
1:2001, electrical safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control
and laboratory. Installation of this instrument should be done by qualified personnel. In
order to ensure safe operation, the following instructions should be followed.
This instrument has no power-on switch. An external switch or circuit-breaker shall
be included in the building installation as a disconnecting device. It shall be marked to
indicate this function, and it shall be in close proximity to the equipment within easy
reach of the operator. The switch or circuit-breaker shall not interrupt the Protective
Conductor (Earth wire), and it shall meet the relevant requirements of IEC 947–1 and
IEC 947-3 (International Electrotechnical Commission). The switch shall not be
incorporated in the main supply cord.
Furthermore, to provide protection against excessive energy being drawn from the
main supply in case of a fault in the equipment, an overcurrent protection device shall
• Do not exceed voltage rating on the label located on the top of the instrument
• Always disconnect power before changing signal and power connections.
• Do not use this instrument on a work bench without its case for safety reasons.
• Do not operate this instrument in flammable or explosive atmospheres.
• Do not expose this instrument to rain or moisture.
• Unit mounting should allow for adequate ventilation to ensure instrument does not
exceed operating temperature rating.
• Use electrical wires with adequate size to handle mechanical strain and power
requirements. Install without exposing bare wire outside the connector to minimize
electrical shock hazards.
• Whenever EMC is an issue, always use shielded cables.
• Never run signal and power wires in the same conduit.
• Use signal wire connections with twisted-pair cables.
• Install Ferrite Bead(s) on signal wires close to the instrument if EMC problems
Failure to follow all instructions and warnings may result in injury!