4Configuring The Meter
4.11 SELECTING PROPORTIONAL BAND P.BND
Proportional Band P.BND is not active unless your meter has analog output and relay
capabilities. The menu will display whether analog output is present or not.
• A proportional controller's output is linearly proportional to the change of the
error signal, whenever the signal is within 2 prescribed values (Proportional
• There are three (3) points of interest on the proportional controller transfer
• The first is the magnitude of the error signal that drives the controller to
“full on” (e.g. 20 mA out for 4-20 mA).
Figure 4-2. Controller Output
• The second point of interest is the magnitude of the error signal that drives
the controller output to “full off” (e.g. 4 mA out on 4-20 mA). These two (2)
points need not be equally spaced on either side of the zero error point.
• The third is the factor "Offset" and it is the output value of the
controller which causes zero error.
The above example illustrates the parameters for the 4-20 mA analog out,
likewise, analog voltage output will have these (3) points of interest.