– 15 –
Fire Alarm System (If Installed)
General Your fire alarm system (if installed) is on 24 hours a day, for continuous protection. In the event of an
emergency, the strategically located smoke and heat detectors will sound their alarms and automatically
send signals to your system, triggering a loud, interrupted pulsed sound* from the Keypad(s) and any
external sounders. A FIRE message will appear at your Keypad and remain on until you silence the
alarm (see below for silencing fire alarms).
* Temporal pulse sounding is produced for Fire alarms, as follows:
3 pulses–pause–3 pulses–pause–3 pulses–pause. . . , repeated.
TYPICAL FIRE EMERGENCY DISPLAYS
ALPHA DISPLAY KEYPAD FIXED-WORD KEYPAD
Fire Alarms and
Clearing Memory of
1. You can silence the alarm at any time by pressing the OFF key (the security code is not needed to
silence fire alarms). To clear the display, enter your code and press the OFF key again (to clear
Memory of Alarm).
2. If the Keypad's FIRE display does not clear after the second OFF sequence, smoke detectors may still
be responding to smoke or heat producing objects in their vicinity. Investigate, and should this be the
case, eliminate the source of heat or smoke.
3. If this does not remedy the problem, there may still be smoke in the detector. Clear it by fanning the
detector for about 30 seconds. When the problem has been corrected, clear the display by entering
your code and pressing the OFF key.
Smoke Detector Reset Depending on the type of smoke detectors in your system, it may be necessary to "reset" the smoke
detectors after a fire alarm has been turned off. Check with your installer. This "reset" is accomplished at
a keypad, as follows:
Enter User Code, then press the  key (does not apply to an “arm only” user).
a Fire Alarm
1. Should you become aware of a fire emergency before your smoke or heat detectors sense the problem,
go to your nearest keypad and manually initiate an alarm by pressing the panic key assigned for
FIRE emergency for 2 seconds. If a key pair has been assigned for fire, press both keys at the same
2. Evacuate all occupants from the premises.
3. If flames and/or smoke are present, leave the premises and notify your local Fire Brigade
4. If no flames or smoke are apparent, investigate the cause of the alarm. The zone number(s) of the
zone(s) in an alarm condition will be displayed at the keypad.
Using the Panic Key(s)
Assigned for FIRE
A key or key pair may have been assigned for manually initiating a FIRE alarm. See the Panic Keys
section for key assignments.
For convenience, indicate the key or key pair assigned for fire below.
A B C
Press the individual key assigned for fire for 2 seconds.
1 OFF and ∗READY
∗READY and #
3 STAY and #
Press the key pair assigned for fire
at the same time.