– 6 –
Using the Keyswitch
• Your system may be equipped with a keyswitch for arming and disarming.
• To arm in AWAY mode: Turn the key to the right for 1/2 second and release.
Keypads beep twice and the red indicator lights or flashes.
• To arm in STAY mode: Turn the key to the right and hold for more than 1 second, then release.
Keypads beep three times and the red indicator lights or flashes.
• To disarm the system: Turn the key to the right and release. The red light turns off.
Green Light: • Lights when the system is disarmed and ready to be armed (no open zones).
• If the green light is off, the system is not ready (one or more zones are open).
• Lights or flashes when system is armed in AWAY or STAY mode. See your installer for the
meanings of the lit red light:
• Lit Steady = system armed AWAY or STAY and exit delay has expired
• Flashing = system armed STAY and exit delay timer active
• Rapid Flashing = an alarm has occurred (memory of alarm)
Emergency Alarms (Panic Keys)
Your system maybe programmed to use special keys to manually activate emergency (panic) functions.
Silent Alarm • Sends silent alarm signal to monitoring station.
• Causes no audible alarm or change in display indicating that a silent alarm has been initiated.
Audible Alarm • Sends audible alarm signal to monitoring station.
• Causes a loud, steady alarm at keypad(s) and at any external sounders that may be connected.
• Sends emergency alarm signal to monitoring station.
• Causes steady alarm sound at keypad(s), but not at external bells or sirens.
Fire Alarm • Sends fire alarm signal to monitoring station.
• Causes temporal (pulsing) sound at external bells and sirens.
To use an
• Press and hold down for at least 2 seconds whichever lettered key on the keypad has been programmed
for the desired emergency function.
Briefly press both keys of the assigned key pair at the same time
• See your installer for the functions that have been programmed for your system.
Lettered Panic Keys
PRESS BOTH KEYS
OF DESIRED PAIR
AT THE SAME TIME
Panic Key Pairs