– 34 –
TESTING THE SYSTEM
(TO BE CONDUCTED WEEKLY)
5 TEST Key
Note that no alarm reports
will be sent to the central
monitoring station while
the system is in the Test
The TEST key puts your system into Test mode, which allows each protection point to be
checked for proper operation.
1. Disarm the system and close all protected windows, doors, etc. The “Ready” message
should be displayed on the keypad. TEST
2. Enter your security code and press the 5 key.
3. The external sounder should sound for 3 seconds and then turn off. If the sounder does
not sound, it may be due to dialer communication activity. Wait a few minutes and try
again. If the sounder still does not sound, CALL FOR SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
4. The keypad will sound a single beep every 15 seconds as a reminder that the system is in
Test mode. Each time a protection zone is faulted (opened), the keypad should beep
three times. If the sounder does not sound, CALL FOR SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
Each time a protection zone is faulted, the keypad sounds 3 beeps.
5. Open and close each protected door and window in turn and listen for three beeps from
the keypad(s). The identification of each faulted protection point should also appear on
the keypad display.
6. Walk in front of any interior motion detectors (if used) and listen for three beeps from the
keypad(s) as movement is detected. The identification of the detector should appear on
the display when it is activated.
Wireless motion detectors (Passive Infrared units) will send signals out only if they
have been inactive for 3 minutes.