– 31 –
FIRE ALARM SYSTEM (IF INSTALLED)
General Your fire alarm system (if installed) is active 24 hours a day, providing continuous protection. In
the event of an emergency, the installed smoke and heat detectors will automatically activate
your security system, triggering a loud, interrupted sound from the Keypad. An interrupted
sound will also be produced by optional exterior sounders. A FIRE message will appear at your
Keypad and remain on until you silence and clear the alarm display.
In Case Of Fire 1. Should you become aware of a fire emergency
your detectors sense the problem,
go to your nearest Keypad and press the single panic key (or panic key pair) assigned as
FIRE emergency (if programmed by the installer) and hold down for at least 2 seconds. The
alarm will sound.
2. Evacuate all occupants from the premises.
3. If flames and/or smoke are present, leave the premises and notify your local Fire Brigade
4. If no flames or smoke are apparent, investigate the cause of the alarm. The zone descriptor
of the zone(s) in an alarm condition will appear at the Keypad.
Silencing A Fire
Alarm 1. Silence the alarm by pressing the OFF key. To clear the alarm display, enter your code and
press the OFF key again.
2. If the Keypad indicates a trouble condition after the second OFF sequence, check that
smoke detectors are not responding to smoke or heat producing objects in their vicinity.
Should this be the case, eliminate the source of heat or smoke.
3. If this does not remedy the problem, there may still be smoke in the detector. Clear it by
fanning the detector for about 30 seconds.
4. When the problem has been corrected, clear the display by entering your code and
pressing the OFF key.