2 - 21
2 Starting a Sample System
EtherCAT Communication Unit USER’S MANUAL (I574-E1)
2-5 Mounting and Wiring for the EtherCAT
2-5-3 Wiring the EtherCAT Communication Unit
• When constructing an EtherCAT network, take sufficient safety measures according to the standards.
We recommend that specialized constructors familiar with the safety measures and standards be
requested to perform the construction.
• Do not install EtherCAT network devices near devices generating noise.
If there is no choice but to install them down in an environment with a high level of noise, be sure to
take measures against the noise, such as covering each device in metal cases.
• To connect a cable to the communications connector of a device, insert it securely until the connector
of the communications cable is locked.
• Install and wire the communications cables separately from high-voltage electrical power lines.
• Do not install the cables near devices generating noise.
• Do not install the cables in high-temperature and high-humidity environments.
• Use the cables in locations without powder dust or oil mist.
Precautions when constructing the network
Precautions when installing communications cables