1. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure
that all users of this treadmill are adequately
informed of all warnings and precautions.
2. Use the treadmill only as described.
3. Place the treadmill on a level surface, with at
least eight feet of clearance behind it and two
feet on each side. Do not place the treadmill
on any surface that blocks air openings. To
protect the floor or carpet from damage, place
a mat under the treadmill.
4. Keep the treadmill indoors, away from mois-
ture and dust. Do not put the treadmill in a
garage or covered patio, or near water.
5. Do not operate the treadmill where aerosol
products are used or where oxygen is being
6. Keep children under the age of 12 and pets
away from the treadmill at all times.
7. The treadmill should not be used by persons
weighing more than 250 pounds.
8. Never allow more than one person on the
treadmill at a time.
9. Wear appropriate exercise clothing when
using the treadmill. Do not wear loose cloth-
ing that could become caught in the treadmill.
Athletic support clothes are recommended for
both men and women. Always wear athletic
shoes. Never use the treadmill with bare feet,
wearing only stockings, or in sandals.
10. When connecting the power cord (see page 9),
plug the power cord into a surge suppressor
(not included) and plug the surge suppressor
into a grounded circuit capable of carrying 15
or more amps. No other appliance should be on
the same circuit. Do not use an extension cord.
11. Use only a single-outlet surge suppressor that
meets all of the specifications described on
page 9. To purchase a surge suppressor, see
your local PROFORM dealer or call 1-800-806-
3651 and order part number 146148.
12. Failure to use a properly functioning surge
suppressor could result in damage to the con-
trol system of the treadmill. If the control sys-
tem is damaged, the walking belt may change
speed or stop unexpectedly, which may result
in a fall and serious injury.
13. Keep the power cord and the surge suppres-
sor away from heated surfaces.
14. Never move the walking belt while the power
is turned off. Do not operate the treadmill if
the power cord or plug is damaged, or if the
treadmill is not working properly. (See
BEFORE YOU BEGIN on page 5 if the tread-
mill is not working properly.)
15. Never start the treadmill while you are stand-
ing on the walking belt. Always hold the
handrails while using the treadmill.
16. The treadmill is capable of high speeds.
Adjust the speed in small increments to avoid
sudden jumps in speed.
17. The pulse sensor is not a medical device.
Various factors, including the user's move-
ment, may affect the accuracy of heart rate
readings. The pulse sensor is intended only
as an exercise aid in determining heart rate
trends in general.
18. Never leave the treadmill unattended while it
is running. Always remove the key, unplug
the power cord and move the on/off switch to
the off position when the treadmill is not in
use. (See the drawing on page 5 for the loca-
tion of the on/off switch.)
19. Do not attempt to raise, lower, or move the
treadmill until it is properly assembled. (See
ASSEMBLY on page 6, and HOW TO FOLD
AND MOVE THE TREADMILL on page 15.) You
must be able to safely lift 45 pounds (20 kg) in
order to raise, lower, or move the treadmill.
20. Do not change the incline of the treadmill by
placing objects under the treadmill.
21. When folding or moving the treadmill, make
sure that the storage latch is fully closed.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons, read the
following important precautions and information before operating the treadmill.