IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUTIONARY MARKINGS IN THIS
MANUAL AND ON THE APPLIANCE
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
1. This Dyson appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons with reduced physical, sensory or
reasoning capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction
by a responsible person concerning use of the appliance to ensure that they can use it safely.
2. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near young children. Children should
be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
3. Use only as described in this Dyson Operating Manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may
cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
4. Suitable for dry locations only. Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
5. Do not handle any part of the plug or appliance with wet hands.
6. Do not use with a damaged cable or plug. If the supply cable is damaged it must be replaced by Dyson, its service
agent or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
7. If the appliance is not working as it should, has received a sharp blow, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors,
or dropped into water, do not use and contact the Dyson Customer Care Helpline.
8. Contact the Dyson Customer Care Helpline when service or repair is required. Do not disassemble the appliance as
incorrect reassembly may result in an electric shock or fire.
9. Do not stretch the cable or place the cable under strain. Keep the cable away from heated surfaces. Do not close a
door on the cable, or pull the cable around sharp edges or corners. Arrange the cable away from traffic areas and
where it will not be stepped on or tripped over.
10. Do not unplug by pulling on the cable. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable. The use of an extension cable is
11. Do not use to pick up water.
12. Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as petrol, or use in areas where they or their vapours
may be present.
13. Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
14. Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body away from openings and moving parts. Do not point the
hose, wand or tools at your eyes or ears or put them in your mouth.
15. Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything
that may reduce airflow.
16. Use only Dyson recommended accessories and replacement parts.
17. To avoid a tripping hazard rewind the cable when not in use.
18. Do not use without the clear bin and filter in place.
19. Do not leave the appliance when plugged in. Unplug when not in use and before servicing.
20. Do not pull or carry by the cable or use the cable as a handle.
21. Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. Do not work with the appliance above you on the stairs.
22. Turn off all controls before unplugging. Unplug before connecting any tool or accessory.
23. Always extend the cable to the red line but do not stretch or tug the cable.
24. Hold the plug when rewinding onto cable reel. Do not allow the plug to whip when rewinding.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS DYSON APPLIANCE IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Do not pull on
Do not store near
Do not use near
Do not run over
Do not pick up
water or liquids.
Do not pick up
Do not use above
you on the stairs.
DYSON CUSTOMER CARE
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO BUY A DYSON APPLIANCE
Your Dyson appliance will be covered for parts and
labour for 2 years from the date of purchase, as detailed
in the terms of the Dyson guarantee on page 8 of this
Dyson Operating Manual.
If you have a query about your Dyson appliance, call the
Dyson Customer Care Helpline quoting the serial number
and details of where and when you bought the appliance.
Your serial number can be found on your rating plate
which is on the base of the appliance.
Most queries can be solved over the phone by one of our
Dyson Customer Care Helpline staff (details below).
Note your serial number for future reference
This illustration is for example purposes only.
Complete and return
the form to Dyson in the
Call our dedicated Helpline.
AU 1800 239 766
NZ 0800 397 667
SG 7000 435 7546
ID 021 707 39766
3 EASY WAYS TO REGISTER YOUR DYSON 2 YEAR GUARANTEE
Visit our website to register your
Dyson full parts and labour
guarantee online (Australia and
New Zealand only).