AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
The details of the Dyson guarantee are set out below. In addition to your rights
under the Dyson guarantee, we also provide the following statement as required
by the Australian Consumer Law: In Australia, your Dyson appliance comes with
statutory guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer
Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for
compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are
also entitled to have your Dyson appliance repaired or replaced if it fails to be of
acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
DYSON 2 YEAR GUARANTEE -
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR DYSON 2 YEAR GUARANTEE.
• The Dyson guarantee becomes effective from the date of purchase.
• All work will be carried out by Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd., Avery Robinson
Ltd. (NZ), Singapore’s authorised agent – Service @Home Pte Ltd., Indonesia’s
authorised agent – PT Higienis Indonesia, or their authorised agents.
• Any parts replaced will become the property of Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd.,
Avery Robinson Ltd. (NZ), Dyson Singapore Pte Ltd., PT Higienis Indonesia.
• The repair and replacement of your Dyson appliance under Dyson guarantee
will not extend the Dyson guarantee period.
• The Dyson guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect
your statutory rights and remedies as a consumer.
• You must provide proof of (both the original and any subsequent) delivery/
purchase before any work can be carried out on your Dyson appliance. Without
this proof, any work carried out pursuant to the Dyson guarantee and any
associated delivery charges (both to and from us) will be at your cost, subject to
your statutory rights and remedies as a consumer. Please keep your receipt or
WHAT IS COVERED
Your Dyson guarantee covers:
• The repair or replacement of your Dyson appliance if it is found to be defective
due to faulty materials, workmanship or function within 2 years of purchase (if
any part is no longer available or out of manufacture, Dyson will replace it with
a functional replacement part).
• Use of the appliance in the country of purchase.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Under your Dyson guarantee, Dyson shall not be liable for costs of repair or
replacement of a product incurred as a result of:
• Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, neglect, careless
operation or handling of the Dyson appliance which is not in accordance with
this Dyson Operating Manual.
• Use of the Dyson appliance for anything other than normal domestic purposes
in the country of purchase.
• Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions
• Use of parts and accessories other than those produced or recommended
• Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its
• Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or
• Failures caused by circumstances outside Dyson’s control.
• Blockages – please refer to pages 4 and 7 in this Dyson Operating Manual for
details on how to unblock your Dyson appliance.
• Normal wear and tear (e.g. fuse, etc).
• Industrial use of the Dyson appliance such as vacuuming gyprock dust or
builders’ dust may void your Dyson guarantee.
If your Dyson guarantee does not apply, you may have statutory rights and
remedies available to you as a consumer.
If you are in any doubt as to what is covered by your Dyson guarantee, please
call the Dyson Customer Care Helpline (see details on page 10).
REGISTERING YOUR DYSON GUARANTEE
To help us ensure you receive prompt and efficient service, please register as a
Dyson appliance owner. There are three ways to do this:
• Online (Australia and New Zealand only)
• By calling the Dyson Customer Care Helpline.
• By completing and returning the enclosed form to us by mail.
This will confirm ownership of your Dyson appliance in the event of an insurance
loss and enable us to contact you if necessary.
DYSON CUSTOMER CARE
• If you have a query about your Dyson appliance, call the Dyson Customer Care
Helpline quoting the serial number and details of where and when you bought
the appliance or contact us via the website.
• Most queries can be solved over the phone by one of our Dyson Customer Care
• If your Dyson appliance needs a service, call the Dyson Customer Care
Helpline so we can discuss the available options.
• Your serial number can be found on your rating plate which is on the base of
• To enable us to carry out work on your appliance, please contact the Dyson
Customer Care Helpline to obtain a reply paid delivery address in your state
(available in Australia only).
If your Dyson appliance is under Dyson guarantee and the repair or
replacement is covered, it will be repaired or replaced at no cost. If the repair or
replacement is found not to be covered under the Dyson guarantee, the repair
or replacement of the Dyson appliance and any associated delivery charges
(both to and from us) will be at your cost, subject to your statutory rights and
remedies as a consumer.
ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
Dyson may use this information for future marketing and research purposes
(including sending commercial electronic messages) and may disclose it to third
parties for the purposes of providing the services you have requested or to our
business partners or professional advisers. If you wish to access your personal
Dyson products are made from high grade recyclable materials. Please dispose
of this product responsibly and recycle where possible.
When your Dyson appliance reaches the end of its life, we are responsible for
its safe disposal. You can send your old Dyson appliance back to us (at our cost)
and we will organise for it to be recycled.*
*Please note that not all parts are recyclable. Recycling of parts is subject to the
capabilities of 3rd party suppliers. Available in Australia only.
1. Box up your old Dyson appliance.
2. Take the package to your local post office and send to the address below:
Dyson We Recycle
Reply Paid 83215
Dyson Service Centre
Unit 6 & 7, 7-11 Parraweena Rd
Taren Point, NSW 2229
Please note: Small details may vary from those shown.