1. Before beginning any exercise program, con-
sult your physician. This is especially impor-
tant for persons over age 35 or persons with
pre-existing health problems.
2. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure
that all users of this treadmill are adequately
informed of all warnings and precautions.
3. Use the treadmill only as described.
4. Place the treadmill on a level surface, with at
least 8 ft. (2.4 m) of clearance behind it and 2
ft. (0.6 m) on each side. Do not place the
treadmill on any surface that blocks air open-
ings. To protect the floor or carpet from dam-
age, place a mat under the treadmill.
5. Keep the treadmill indoors, away from mois-
ture and dust. Do not put the treadmill in a
garage or covered patio, or near water.
6. Do not operate the treadmill where aerosol
products are used or where oxygen is being
7. Keep children under age 12 and pets away
from the treadmill at all times.
8. The treadmill should be used only by persons
weighing 325 lbs. (147 kg) or less.
9. Never allow more than one person on the
treadmill at a time.
10. Wear appropriate exercise clothes when
using the treadmill. Do not wear loose clothes
that could become caught in the treadmill.
Athletic support clothes are recommended
for both men and women. Always wear ath-
letic shoes. Never use the treadmill with bare
feet, wearing only stockings, or in sandals.
11. When connecting the power cord (see page
14), plug the power cord into a surge sup-
pressor (not included) and plug the surge
suppressor into a grounded circuit capable of
carrying 15 or more amps. No other appliance
should be on the same circuit. Do not use an
12. Use only a single-outlet surge suppressor that
meets all of the specifications described on
page 14. To purchase a surge suppressor, see
your local PROFORM dealer or call the tele-
phone number on the front cover of this man-
ual and order part number 146148, or see your
local electronics store.
13. Failure to use a properly functioning surge
suppressor could result in damage to the con-
trol system of the treadmill. If the control sys-
tem is damaged, the walking belt may slow,
accelerate, or stop unexpectedly, which may
result in a fall and serious injury.
14. Keep the power cord and the surge suppres-
sor away from heated surfaces.
15. Never move the walking belt while the power
is turned off. Do not operate the treadmill if
the power cord or plug is damaged, or if the
treadmill is not working properly. (See TROU-
BLESHOOTING on page 22 if the treadmill is
not working properly.)
16. Read, understand, and test the emergency
stop procedure before using the treadmill (see
HOW TO TURN ON THE POWER on page 16).
17. Never start the treadmill while you are stand-
ing on the walking belt. Always hold the
handrails while using the treadmill.
18. The treadmill is capable of high speeds.
Adjust the speed in small increments to avoid
sudden jumps in speed.
19. The pulse sensor is not a medical device.
Various factors, including the user's move-
ment, may affect the accuracy of heart rate
readings. The pulse sensor is intended only
as an exercise aid in determining heart rate
trends in general.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious injury, read all important precautions and in-
structions in this manual and all warnings on your treadmill before using your treadmill. ICON as-
sumes no responsibility for personal injury or property damage sustained by or through the use of