WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons, read
all important precautions and instructions in this manual and all warnings on your elliptical before
using your elliptical. ICON assumes no responsibility for personal injury or property damage sus-
tained by or through the use of this product.
1. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure
that all users of the elliptical are adequately
informed of all precautions.
2. Before beginning any exercise program,
consult your physician. This is especially
important for persons over age 35 or per-
sons with pre-existing health problems.
3. The elliptical is not intended for use by
persons with reduced physical, sensory, or
mental capabilities or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they are given supervi-
sion or instruction about use of the elliptical
by someone responsible for their safety.
4. Use the elliptical only as described in this
5. The elliptical is intended for home use only.
Do not use the elliptical in a commercial,
rental, or institutional setting.
6. Keep the elliptical indoors, away from
moisture and dust. Do not put the elliptical in
a garage or covered patio, or near water.
7. Place the elliptical on a level surface, with at
least 3 ft. (0.9 m) of clearance in the front and
rear of the elliptical and 2 ft. (0.6 m) on each
side. To protect the floor or carpet from dam-
age, place a mat under the elliptical.
8. Inspect and properly tighten all parts each
time the elliptical is used. Replace any worn
9. Keep children under age 13 and pets away
from the elliptical at all times.
10. When connecting the power cord (see page
14), plug the power cord into a grounded
11. Do not modify the power cord or use an
adapter to connect the power cord to an
improper receptacle. Keep the power cord
away from heated surfaces. Do not use an
12. Do not operate the elliptical if the power cord
or plug is damaged, or if the elliptical is not
13. DANGER: Always unplug the power
cord and switch the power switch to the off
position when the elliptical is not in use and
before cleaning the elliptical. Servicing other
than the procedures in this manual should
be performed by an authorized service repre-
14. The elliptical should not be used by persons
weighing more than 375 lbs. (170 kg).
15. Wear appropriate clothes while exercising;
do not wear loose clothes that could become
caught on the elliptical. Always wear athletic
shoes for foot protection while exercising.
16. Hold the handlebars or the upper body arms
when mounting, dismounting, or using the
17. The heart rate monitor is not a medical
device. Various factors may affect the accu-
racy of heart rate readings. The heart rate
monitor is intended only as an exercise aid
in determining heart rate trends in general.