3 EASY WAYS TO REGISTER YOUR DYSON 2 YEAR GUARANTEE
Complete and return
the form to Dyson in the
Call our dedicated Helpline.
Visit our website to register your
Dyson full parts and labour
guarantee online (Australia
and New Zealand only).
AU 1800 239 766
NZ 0800 397 667
SG 7000 435 7546
ID 021 707 39766
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
1. Do not leave the Dyson appliance when plugged in. Unplug from socket when not in use and before servicing.
2. Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces. Suitable for dry locations only. Do not use to pick up water.
3. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children. Children should be
supervised to ensure that they do not play with the Dyson appliance.
4. This Dyson appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons with reduced physical, sensory or
reasoning capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction
by a responsible person concerning use of the Dyson appliance to ensure that they can use the Dyson
5. Use only as described in this manual. Use only Dyson recommended accessories and replacement parts. Do not
carry out any maintenance other than that shown in this manual, or advised by the Dyson Customer Care Helpline.
Contact the Dyson Customer Care Helpline when service or repair is required. Do not disassemble the Dyson
appliance as incorrect reassembly may result in an electric shock or fire.
6. Do not use with a damaged cable or plug. If the Dyson appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped,
damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, do not use and contact the Dyson Customer Care Helpline. If the
supply cable is damaged it must be replaced by Dyson, its service agent or similarly qualified person in order to
avoid a hazard.
7. Do not pull or carry by cable, use cable as a handle, close a door on cable, or pull cable around sharp edges or
corners. Do not run the Dyson appliance over cable. Keep cable away from heated surfaces. To avoid a tripping
hazard rewind the cable when not in use.
8. Always extend the cable to the red line but do not stretch or tug the cable.
9. Do not unplug by pulling on the cable. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
10. Do not handle the plug or Dyson appliance with wet hands.
11. Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything
that may reduce airflow.
12. Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts, such as the brush
bar. Do not point the hose, wand or tools at your eyes or ears or put them in your mouth.
13. Turn off all controls before unplugging.
14. Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. Do not work with the Dyson appliance above you on the stairs.
15. Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as petrol, or use in areas where they or their vapours
may be present.
16. Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
17. Do not use without the clear bin and filter in place.
18. Hold the plug when rewinding onto cable reel. Do not allow the plug to whip when rewinding.
19. The use of an extension cable is not recommended.
20. The hose contains electrical wires. Check regularly and do not use when damaged, cut or punctured. Avoid picking
up sharp objects. Do not use to suck up water and do not immerse in water for cleaning.
21. Always turn off the Dyson appliance before connecting or disconnecting either hose or motorised brush bar.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS DYSON APPLIANCE IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Do not pull on
Do not store near
Do not use near
Do not run over
Do not pick up
water or liquids.
Do not pick up
Do not use above you
on the stairs.
Do not put hands
near the brush
bar when the
Note your serial number for future reference
This illustration is for example purposes only.
Your Dyson appliance will be covered for parts and
labour for 2 years from the date of purchase, as detailed
in the terms of the Dyson guarantee on page 9 of this
Dyson Operating Manual.
If you have a query about your Dyson appliance, call the
Dyson Customer Care Helpline with your serial number
and details of where and when you bought the appliance.
Your serial number can be found on the main body of the
appliance behind the clear bin.
Most queries can be solved over the phone by one of our
Dyson Customer Care Helpline staff (details below).
Visit our website to register your Dyson full parts
and labour guarantee online (Australia and New