SAVE THIS USER’S GUIDE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the
risk of ﬁre, electric shock, injury or death.
Read all instructions before installing or using this fireplace
1. Electric ﬁreplace is for indoor use only.
2. Do not modify the electric heater in any way. Use it only as described in this manual.
Any other use not recommended by Real Flame may cause a ﬁre, electric shock,
serious injury or death.
3. The heater may become hot when in use and could burn you. To avoid burns, do not
let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture,
pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9m) from the top,
sides and rear of the unit.
4. Always use properly grounded, fused and polarized outlets.
5. Always call a certiﬁed electrician if new circuits or outlets will be required.
6. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by, or near, children or
people with disabilities. The unit should never be left unattended.
7. The electric heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar
indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or in other areas
where it may come into contact with water; dangerous electric shock could occur.
8. Do not operate any unit with a damaged cord or plug, or if the heater has
malfunctioned, or if the ﬁreplace has been dropped or damaged in any
manner. Contact Real Flame at 1-800-654-1704.
9. The cord may become hot when the ﬁreplace is in operation. Do not run the cord
under carpeting, furniture, or appliances. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners,
or similar items.
10. To prevent people from tripping on the cord, make sure it is placed away from high
11. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening
as this may damage the heater or result in electric shock.
12. To prevent a possible ﬁre, do not block air intake or exhaust in any manner. Do not
use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
13. All electrical heaters have hot, arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use in areas
where gasoline, paint, or ﬂammable liquids are used or stored or where the unit will
be exposed to ﬂammable vapors. Doing so could result in a ﬁre or cause an explosion.
14. Do not burn wood or other materials in the electric heater; the unit or the wall could
catch ﬁre if you do.
15. To disconnect the unit, turn the ﬁrebox o and then remove the plug from the
16. Always unplug the electric heater when not in use for an extended period of time.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Glass Panel Information
1. The panel is made of tempered glass.
2. Under no circumstances should this product be operated with a broken or
chipped glass panel.
3. Do not hit or slam the glass.
4. Do not use abrasive cleaners to clean the glass.