FOR YOUR SAFETY READ BEFORE LIGHTING
The appliance has a pilot which must be lit using the piezo ignition, when lighting the pilot follow
the instructions exactly.
Before lighting the appliance check for gas leaks.
Use only your hand to push in and turn the gas control knob, never use tools. If the knob will not
push in or turn by hand, don’t try to repair it, call a qualified service technician. Force or attempt
to repair may result in a fire or explosion.
If the controls have been underwater, immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the
appliance and replace any part of the control system and fan that has been immersed in water.
Before lighting the pilot make sure that the gas line is connected.
LIGHTING PILOT AND MAIN BURNER
LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS - Models 600, 850, 1000
1. To light the pilot, press in and turn the gas control knob anticlockwise to
the pilot position. (Fig 1)
2. Depress the knob and press the red button. If the pilot lights, continue to
depress knob for 20 seconds and release. If pilot goes out repeat the
3. To light the burner, turn the control knob to the flame setting. The burner
can be set anywhere between 1 and 7. (Fig 2)
4. To turn the burner off, turn the control knob clockwise to the “PILOT”
position. This will leave the pilot burning. (Fig 1)
5. To turn off the burner and the pilot, turn the knob clockwise to the “OFF”
position. (Fig 3)
If you are unable to get the appliance to operate correctly, contact either
your sales agent or the manufacturer (see contact details on back cover).
Test operation of appliance and fully instruct user before leaving.
Note: Check gas pressure. Refer to Data Plate on page 5 for details.
TO TURN OFF GAS TO APPLIANCE
Push in gas control knob slightly and turn to the “OFF” position.