Once the fire is installed and operational the installer must check for spillage. Carry out the lighting
procedure and turn the fire to high. Allow to warm up for 10 minutes and then using a smoke match
set 25mm down and 25mm inside of the fire opening run the match across the width of the opening
to check that all of the smoke is drawn away.
Repeat the test with doors and windows to the premises open and closed, and with any extractor
fans in the same room or adjacent rooms running on high. The fire should continue to clear its
combustion products. Also operate any other flued appliances in the same or neighbouring rooms
and ensure they continue to function satisfactorily as multiple flues can work against one another.
If spillage is detected during this procedure it could indicate a faulty flue or lack of ventilation. If the
problem cannot be rectified immediately, disconnect the appliance, and advise the customer not to
use the appliance until the problem has been resolved.
The customer should always be advised of the need for regular servicing and checks to ensure the
continued clearance of combustion waste products.
NOTE: Care must be taken to ensure that any return air register exhaust system does not
adversely affect the operation of the appliance or draught of chimney or flue.
“DO NOT place articles on or against this appliance.“
“DO NOT use or store flammable materials near this appliance.”
“DO NOT spray aerosols in the vicinity of this appliance while it is in operation.
TO TURN OFF GAS TO APPLIANCE
A Turn the switch to “OFF” position
B. Push in gas control knob slightly and turn to the off position
LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS - Millivolt Option
1. STOP! Read the safety information.
2. Push in gas control knob and turn to “PILOT”
3. NOTE: Control knob cannot be turned from “OFF” to “PILOT” unless the knob is pushed in
slightly. Do not force.
4. Light pilot burner following steps below.
5. When the control knob is set at pilot, push it all the way in and hold it in. Immediately light the
pilot using the piezo igniter. Red igniter button may need to be pressed rapidly several times.
Once the pilot has lit keep holding the control knob in for about 45 seconds. Release the knob
and it will “pop” back out, the pilot should remain lit. If pilot goes out repeat steps 1 to 5
6. Turn gas control knob to the “ON” position
7. Turn the switch to ignite the burner. The switch is supplied with the unit and should be installed
within 6m of the fire.
• After lighting the pilot, if the control knob does not “pop” out when released, stop and
immediately call your service technician.
• If the pilot will not stay lit after several tries turn the gas control knob to “OFF” and call your
N.B: WHEN THE CONTROL KNOB IS TURNED TO THE “OFF” POSITION IT WILL TAKE
APPROXIMATELY 60 SECONDS FOR THE VALVE TO RELEASE AND ALLOW YOU TO
MOVE THE KNOB. DO NOT FORCE THE KNOB.
to view a video instruction.