Upgrade to Fireware v12.5 Update 1 from WSM/Policy Manager
1. Before you begin, save a local copy of your configuration file.
2. Select File > Backup and Restore... or use the USB Backup feature to back up your current device
3. On a management computer running a Windows 64-bit operating system, launch the OS executable file
you downloaded from the WatchGuard Portal. This installation extracts an upgrade file called [product-
group].sysa-dl to the default location of C:\Program Files(x86)\Common
On a computer with a Windows 32-bit operating system, the path is: C:\Program Files\Common
4. Install and open WatchGuard System Manager v12.5. Connect to your Firebox and launch Policy
5. From Policy Manager, select File > Upgrade. When prompted, browse to and select the [product-
group].sysa-dl file from Step 2.
If you have installed another release of this OSversion on your computer, you must run the installer twice (once
to remove the previous release and again to install this release).
If you like to make updates to your Firebox configuration from a saved configuration file, make
sure you open the configuration from the Firebox and save it to a new file after you upgrade.
This is to make sure that you do not overwrite any configuration changes that were made as
part of the upgrade.
Upgrade to Fireware v12.5 Update 1
14 WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.