1. This ﬁ replace comes equipped with a standard LP gas hose and regulator including the
appliance side connection for a CGA No 791 Cylinder Connection Device. The LP gas hose
and regulator supplied with this ﬁ re table must be used. Only a hose and regulator speciﬁ ed
by manufacturer can be used for replacement.
a. The CGA No 791 connection incorporates a magnetic ﬂ ow limiting device that acts
to limit the ﬂ ow of gas if a leak is detected between the regulator and the burner
b. If the burner valve is open prior to the LP gas cylinder service valve being opened,
the connection will interpret this free ﬂ ow of gas to be a leak.
c. The connection safety feature will reduce gas ﬂ ow from the regulator to the
appliance to a minimal level.
d. Be sure that the burner control valve is closed prior to opening the LP gas cylinder
service valve to ensure that the connection ﬂ ow limiting device is not triggered
e. If the connection ﬂ ow limiting device is triggered mistakenly, close the LP gas
cylinder service valve and the burner valve, wait 10 seconds to allow the device to
reset, open the cylinder service valve, then open the burner valve and light the
ﬁ replace as per lighting instructions.
2. Be sure to protect the hose from any hot surfaces. Serious danger may result if the hose
contacts any hot surface.
3. Regular maintenance of the hose and regulator:
a. Inspect the hose before each use of the ﬁ re table. If the hose shows signs of
cracks, abrasions, cuts or damage of any kind, do not operate the appliance. Fix or
replace the hose as required before using the appliance. For assistance with repair
or replacement of the hose, call Real Flame at 1-800-654-1704. Use only
replacement parts from the manufacturer.
b. Inspect the seal inside the CGA No 791 service valve on the LP gas cylinder when
replacing the cylinder or at least once per year. If there is any indication of
damage, have the seal replaced by a certiﬁ ed gas dealer before operating the
4. Do not use tools to tighten the CGA No 791 connection nut onto the LP gas cylinder
service valve. Hand tighten only.
5. Be careful to not cross the threads on the connection when tightening the CGA No 791
connection on to the LP gas cylinder service valve.
6. “Leak Test” should always be performed after attaching the connection to the LP gas
cylinder service valve. (See “Checking for Leaks” section of this manual on page 14)
7. For the connection of the hose and regulator to the LP tank, refer to the “Connection”
section of the LP gas cylinder section above.
HOSE & REGULATOR ASSEMBLY AND REPLACEMENT