CAPTIVA ZERO CLEARANCE MODEL
The Real Flame “Captiva” is a log/coal or pebble effect space heater for use with Natural Gas and
The Real Flame warranty will be voided by, and Real Flame disclaims any responsibility for the
• Modification of the space heater and/or components including balanced flue assembly or
• Use of any component part not manufactured or approved by Real Flame in combination
with this “Captiva” fireplace system.
• Installation other than as instructed in this manual.
• Due to its high operating temperature, the appliance should be located out of traffic and
away from furniture and draperies.
• Children and adults should be alerted to the hazards of the high surface temperature, which
could cause burns of clothing ignition.
• Young children should be carefully supervised when they are in the same room as the
• Clothing or other flammable materials should not be placed on or near the appliance.
SELECTING YOUR APPLIANCE LOCATION
Your appliance may be installed in any location that is free of air conditioning ducts, electrical
wiring and plumbing. Safety, as well as efficiency of operation, must be considered when
selecting the heater location. Try to select a location that does not interfere with room traffic, has
adequate ventilation, and offers access for the Balanced Flue terminal installation. Refer to
AS5601-2004 for minimum clearances for Balanced Flue termination.
When this appliance is installed directly on carpeting, tile or other combustible materials other
than wood flooring, the appliance should be installed on a metal or wood panel extending the full
width and depth of the appliance.