ASAHI AV VALVES Installation Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valves Type57L-IS (Lug style) 3
- Gear Operator Operation; we utilize a self-locking worm
gear design on our manual operators. This design
allows flow control of the valve in intermediate positions
in normal process conditions. In applications where
very high velocity, turbulence flow or vibration is present
and an intermediate setting is required, It is
recommended to install a locking device. The locking
device will prevent the possibility of the valve drifting in
severe condition from it is original intermediate setting.
(3) General instructions for transportation, unpacking and storage
- When suspending and supporting a valve, take care and do not stand under a suspended valve.
- This valve is not designed to handle impacts of any kind. Avoid throwing or dropping the valve.
- Avoid scratching the valve with any sharp object.
- Do not over-stack cardboard shipping boxes. Excessively stacked packages may collapse.
- Avoid contact with any coal tar creosote, insecticides, vermicides or paint.
(These chemicals may cause damage to the valve.)
- When transporting a valve, do not carry it by the handle.
- Store products in their corrugated cardboard boxes. Avoid exposing products to direct sunlight, and
store them indoors (at room temperature). Also avoid storing products in areas with excessive
temperatures. (Corrugated cardboard packages become weaker as they become wet with water or other
liquid. Take care in storage and handling.)
- After unpacking the products, check that they are defect-free and meet the specifications.