OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE (Continued)
• USING A ZERO CLEARANCE WOOD INBUILT WITH CRACKED OR BROKEN
COMPONENTS, SUCH AS GLASS OR FIREBRICKS OR BAFFLES MAY PRODUCE
AN UNSAFE CONDITION AND MAY DAMAGE THE ZERO CLEARANCE WOOD
• THIS APPLIANCE SHOULD BE MAINTAINED AND OPERATED AT ALL TIMES IN
ACCORDANCE WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
• THE USE OF SOME TYPES OF PRESERVATIVES-TREATED WOOD AS A FUEL CAN
• DO NOT OBSTRUCT AIR INLETS. THIS ZERO CLEARANCE WOOD INBUILT NEEDS
AIR FOR ITS GOOD OPERATION.
• DO NOT BLOCK THE HOT AIR VENTS TO THE ZERO CLEARANCE WOOD INBUILT
AS THIS WILL CAUSE THE ZERO CLEARANCE WOOD INBUILT TO OVERHEAT.
• Hot while in operation, keep children, clothing and furniture away. Contact may cause skin
burns. Gloves may be needed for zero clearance wood inbuilt operation.
• Operate only with glass door fully closed or fully open with screen door always closed. If door is
left partially open, gas and flame may be drawn out of the opening, creating risks from both fire
and smoke. Never leave the zero clearance wood inbuilt unattended when in use.
• This zero clearance wood inbuilt has been tested for use with open door in conjunction with
screen door always closed. The screen door may be opened only during lighting procedures or
reloading. Always close the screen door after ignition.
• Do not install the zero clearance wood inbuilt outdoors.
• Do not store fuel within heater minimum installation clearances.
• Burn seasoned hardwood only.
• Do not burn:
o Garbage of any kind,
o Coal or charcoal,
o Treated, painted or coated wood,
o Plywood or particle board,
o Fine paper, coloured paper or cardboard,
o Salt water driftwood,
o Manufactured logs containing wax or chemical additives,
o Railroad ties or
o Liquids such as kerosene or diesel fuel to start a fire.
• This appliance should be maintained and operated at all times in accordance with these
• Do not elevate the fire by means of grates, and irons or other means.