Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Control Valves Electric Actuated Type M 18
(13) Adjusting of actuator
- Do not touch any parts on actuator circuit board or terminal block or connect or disconnect wires while
the actuator is energized. (Any such practice may result in an electric shock or equipment damage.)
- Do not operate the manual override while the actuator is energized.
- Keep hands and other extremities away from moving parts under all circumstances.
(Any such practice may get your hand, arm, or other part of your body caught.)
- Be sure to establish a ground. (A defective ground may result in an electrical shock, fire, or other incident.)
- At the time of adjustment or inspection, ensure that your hands are free of water and oil.
(Any such substance on your hands may result in an electric shock or equipment damage.)
- Do not connect two or more motor-driven valves in series. Also, install a switch (or a relay contact)
for each motor-driven valve.
- Do not use the product near a high-voltage wire, inverter or other equipment that produces electrical
noise or magnetism. (The presence of such nearby may cause malfunction or breakdown.)
- Check the integrity of wiring insulation before connecting to the actuator.
(Failure to observe this precaution may result in wire damage.)
- Ensure all covers are tightly fastened prior to operation.
(Insufficient fastening may allow rainwater, dust, or dirt to come in, resulting in breakdown.)
- When connecting wires, be sure to observe the connection diagram and make the connections correctly.
Moreover, after wiring, ensure that the connections are securely made before turning on the power.
(Failure to take this precaution may cause malfunction or breakdown.)
- Each cover part is sealed with an O-ring. When laying wiring or in any similar cases, where the cover
is detached and reattached, ensure that the O-ring is installed in a specified location and securely sealed.
(Insufficient sealing may cause the actuator to be penetrated by rainwater or other foreign matter,
resulting in electric shock or breakdown.)
- If you wish to use the product outdoors or in any other location exposed to rainwater or other water drops,
protect the wire port of the actuator against ingress of rainwater and something similar. (Failure to take
such a precaution may cause the actuator to be penetrated by rainwater or something similar, resulting in
electric shock or breakdown.)
● Current generative machine (DC4-20mA) ● Small screwdriver for adjusting the volume
Actuators are adjusted on their shipment. Although they are not required to adjust again, if it is necessary to change the
travel indicator, or to disassemble or assemble the valve, adjust the actuator as below.
Nominal size 15, 25mm (1/2”, 1”)
In this explanation, while the output shaft reaches the most lower limit (by inputing signal of 4mA) is called Open type
operations. For the shut type operation, adjust the signal value found in [ ] mark. The function of switches and
indication lights are explained below.