Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Control Valves Electric Actuated Type M 19
1) Operation at abnormal Low Input
The actuator action is factory set to “Extend” at abnormally low input. (When the input signal goes down to DC
1.5mA or below, the actuator goes to the abnormal low input operation.) For changing the setting, use the DIP
switch on the control PCB. Refer to table below.
Operation at Abnormally Low Input
Operation Switch 1 Switch 2
Stop ※1 ON
Exten OFF OFF
Retract ON OFF
※1 Whatever setting for switch 1 is disregarded for “Stop” mode.
2) Direct/ Reverse Action
The actuator action is factory set to “Reverse”. For changing setting, use the DIP switch on the PCB. Refer to
Direct/ Reverse Action
Action Switch 3 Explanation
Direct ON Output stem is retracted with an input decrease.
Reverse OFF Output stem is extended with an input decrease.
3) Adjustment of Zero/ Span
Adjust the zero/ span at first, the seal spring next, and the sensibility finally.
1. Turn the volume of the zero right (clockwise) fully, and the volume of the span left (counterclockwise) fully.
2. Input the signal 4mA [20mA] and turn on the power source, then adjust the volume of the zero to the full-closed
3. Input the signal 20mA [4mA] and turn the volume of the span right (clockwise) and adjust the position of the
4. Input the signal 4mA [20mA] again, if the required position to close fully can not be found, repeat the item 2) & 3).
(The stroke can be changed (the maximum 25%), if the volume of the zero is turned.)
ZERO: Zero Adjustment
SPAN: Span Adjustment
DZ: Dead-band Adjustment
DLY: Restarting Timer
SW1: Stop/ Extend/ Retract Switch (Operation at abnormally low input)
SW2: Stop/ Extend/ Retract Switch (Operation at abnormally low input)
SW3: Direct/ Reverse Action
SW4: It is not used.
PWR: Power Indicator (Green with power supplied.)
INP: Input Indicator (Green with input supplied.)
ALM: Status Indicator (Red flashes in 2 sec. intervals,
flashes in 0.5 sec. intervals with mechanical look detected.)