ASAHI AV VALVES Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valve Type 57, 56, 56D Electric Actuated Type S 19
Procedure (Actuator type: LTRM, LTMD, LTRH)
Nominal size: 300-400mm (12”-16”)
- Do not leave the terminal board cover and the limit switch cover as they are removed from the actuator.
(Coming into contact with a terminal in this state can give you an electric shock.)
Check to ensure that the hexagon wrench is not applied to the end of the manual operation shaft.
(If not, the hexagon wrench will be flown by the rotation of the manual operation shaft and injury
may occur by this handle.)
1) Turn on the power source.
2) Set the external switch to “Open” or “Shut”, and check to ensure that
the valve indicating direction and the operating direction accord with
each other. (If not, check the wiring diaphragm, refer to page 9, 10,
and operate from the item 1).
3) Turn off the power source in the state of the full open or shut.
(11) Disassembling method for replacing parts
- Do not disassemble or remodel the actuator.
- Do not touch any parts on actuator circuit board or terminal block or connect or disconnect wires while
the actuator is energized. (Any such practice may result in an electric shock or equipment damage.)
- Do not change or replace valve parts under line pressure.
- Be sure to conduct a safety check on all hand and power tools to be used before beginning work.
- Wear protective gloves and safety goggles as fluid remain in the valve even if the pipeline is empty.
(You may be injured.)
- Ensure all covers are tightly fastened prior to operation.
(Insufficient fastening may allow rainwater, dust, or dirt to come in, resulting in breakdown.)
- The actuator has been adjusted at the factory. If reconfiguration or adjustment is needed, do so
correctly according to the relevant operation manual.
(Failure to observe this instruction may cause malfunction or breakdown.)
- Each cover part is sealed with an O-ring. When laying wiring or in similar cases, where the cover is
removed and replaced, ensure that the O-ring is installed in the specified location and securely sealed.
(Insufficient sealing may cause the actuator to be penetrated by rainwater or other foreign matter,
resulting in electric shock or breakdown.)
● Jack ● Pipe ● Plate
● Allen wrench ● Thrust bearing ● Pliers
● Protective gloves ● Safety goggles ● Screwdriver(+)