ASAHI AV VALVES Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valve Type 57, 56, 56D Electric Actuated Type S 22
(12) Adjustment limit switch
- Shut down the power on the equipment before connecting wires. There are risks of electrical shock
depending on the level of operating voltage.
- Be sure that the cover is put on during operation.
- If you plan to operate limit switches at 1mA-100mA or 5-30V, consult your nearest Asahi dealer.
● Allen wrench ● Spanner wrench
Procedure (Actuator type: SRJ)
1) Turn off the power source.
2) Completely discharge fluid from pipes.
3) Loosen screws with Allen wrench (6mm), and remove the switch
4) Manually operate (refer to page 17) the valve at the valve travel
(open) adjusted by hand.
5) Loosen the set screw (Limit switch) with an Allen wrench (1.5mm).
6) Slowly transfer fully open or close side cam with a screwdriver (-)
in the direction where this cam should be adjusted.
*Do not loose any parts. The cam can be adjusted at existing
condition. (If not, the valve will not operate no
7) Check to ensure that the limit switch works. (Refer to page 9:
8) Tighten the set screw (Limit switch) with an Allen wrench (1.5mm).
9) Check to see whether the valve travel is adjusted by manual
operation. (Refer to page 17)
When the valve travel is not adjusted, repeat items 4) to 8).
10) Tighten the screws of the switch cover with an Allen wrench
11) Fully open or close the valve by motor-driven operation.
(Refer to page 17)
12) Check to ensure that travel indicator shows correct position of fully
open or shut.
Set screw (Limit switch)
Cam (Limit switch)
Cam (Torque switch)