Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A058-E-12 Diaphragm Valve, True Union Diaphragm Valve (15-50mm, 1/2”-2”) Pneumatic Actuated Type AI
(Material : PVC, C-PVC)
- When using an adhesive, ventilate the space sufficiently, prohibit the use of a fire in the vicinity, and do not
inhale adhesive vapors directly.
- If an adhesive gets into contact with your skin, wash it off immediately. If you feel sick or find any anomaly,
receive a physician's diagnosis and take appropriate measures promptly.
- Take care in doing work at low temperatures. Solvent vapors are hard to evaporate and are likely to remain.
(Solvent cracks may occur, damaging the equipment.) After assembling the piping system, open both
ends of the piping and use a fan (of the Low-Voltage Type) or something similar to ventilate the space, thus
removing the solvent vapors.
- Use the appropriate Asahi AV cement.
- Conduct a water test at least 24 hours after joining the pipes with an adhesive.
● Adhesive for hard vinyl chloride pipes ● Strap wrench
1) Loosen the union nut  with a strap wrench.
2) Remove the union nut  and end connector [25b].
3) Lead the union nut through the pipe.
4) Clean the hub part of the end connector [25b] by wiping with a waste cloth.
5) Apply adhesive evenly to the hub part of the end connector [25b] and the pipe spigot.
* Do not apply more adhesive than necessary.
(The valve can be damaged due to solvent cracking.)
Adhesive quantity (guideline)
6) After applying adhesive, insert the pipe quickly to the end connector [25b] and leave it alone for at least 60 seconds.
* Do not under any circumstances try to insert a pipe into another fitting or valve by striking it, which may break
7) Wipe away overflowing adhesive.
8) Make sure that O-ring(C) is mounted
9) Tighten union nut  on each valve until hand tight.
10) Using a strap wrench tighten union nuts uniformly on each side approx. 90°- 180°turns, 1/4 to 1/2 turns.
11) Using a strap wrench, screw it in by turning 90°- 180°carefully without damaging it.
Take care not to over-tighten the Union Nut. (The valve can be damaged.)