Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A058-E-12 Diaphragm Valve, True Union Diaphragm Valve (15-50mm, 1/2”-2”) Pneumatic Actuated Type AI
(8) Installation procedure
- When suspending and supporting a valve, take care and do not stand under a suspended valve.
- Be sure to conduct a safety check on all hand and power tools to be used before beginning work.
- Wear protective gloves and safety goggles as fluid remain in the valve even if the pipeline is empty.
(You may be injured.)
- When installing a pipe support by means of a U-band or something similar, take care not to over-tighten.
(Excessive force may damage the pipe.)
- When installing pipes and valves, ensure that they are not subjected to tension, compression, bending,
impact, or other excessive stress.
- When connecting a ASAHI AV Valve to metal piping, take care not to let the pipe stress on the ASAHI AV
(Material : PVC, C-PVC, PP, PVDF)
- Use flat faced flanges for connection to AV Valves.
- Ensure that the mating flanges are of the same standards.
- Be sure to use sealing gaskets (AV Gasket), bolts, nuts, and washers and tighten them to specified torques.
(When a non-AV gasket is used, a different tightening torque instruction should be followed.)
● Torque wrench ● Spanner wrench
● AV gasket ● Bolt, Nut, Washer (For many flanges specification)
1) Set the AV gasket between the flanges.
2) Insert washers and bolts from the pipe side, insert washers and nuts from the valve side, then temporarily
tighten by hand.
- The parallelism and axial misalignment of the flange surface should be under the values shown in the
following table to prevent damage the valve. (A failure to observe them can cause destruction due to
stress application to the pipe.)
Unit : mm (inch)
(1/2” - 1 1/4”)
(1 1/2” - 2”)
3) Tighten the bolts and nuts gradually with a torque wrench to the specified torque level in a diagonal manner.
(Refer to Fig.1.)