Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A069-E Ball Valve Type21・21α Pneumatic Actuated Type AR 15-50mm (1/2”-2”)
19. Actuator removal procedure
- When removing the base plate from the valve, avoid
applying excessive force to a base plate removing jig
to force the claw to open. (It may cause the claw to be
- Avoid excessive repetition of attaching and removing
the base plate. (It may cause the claws of the base
plate to have fatigue fracture.)
- A single-action type has a metal joint (shaft adapter)
between the valve and actuator. Be careful of the shaft
adapter's jumping out and fall when removing the
base plate from the valve.
- Be careful not to apply excessive load to the pipe and
valve when attaching and removing the base plate.
● Base plate removing jigOptional items
1) Completely eliminate pressure in the pipe.
2) Close the master valve for operation air, and release air from
3) Remove the air pipe.
4) Put the tip of the base plate removing jig at the center of the
claw on one side of the base plate. (Refer to Fig. 19-1.)
5) Move the removing jig in a way that it pushes the claw of the
base plate upward with the side of the valve as a fulcrum to
release the hooking with the main body of the valve. (Refer to
6) For the other claw, perform the steps 4) to 5) to release the
hooking with the main body of the valve.
7) When the hooking of the both claws is released, lift the
actuator vertically to disconnect from the valve. (Refer to Fig.
1) Confirm that the opening display of the actuator and the
directions of the valve stem and shaft adapter are correct.
2) Check the fitting position of the top flange of the valve and
the base plate.
3) Push the base plate onto the valve until its claws firmly catch
the top flange while checking visually.