Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A069-E Ball Valve Type21・21α Pneumatic Actuated Type AR 15-50mm (1/2”-2”) 27
20. Method of adjusting face pressure between ball and seat
- If you do work with the piping installed, drain the piping of all its fluid. Some fluid will remain
in the valve. Therefore wear protective goggles and protective gloves. (You may otherwise
- Take care not to over-tighten the Union nut. (The valve can be damaged.)
- Do not use the pipe wrench. (The valve can be damaged.)
● Strap wrench ● Safety goggles ● Protective gloves
● Handle (For manual valve) ● Base plate removing jig (Optional items)
Adjust surface pressure
1) Completely eliminate pressure in the pipe, and
completely discharge fluid from line.
2) Remove the actuator according to Procedure 2) to 7) in
the "Actuator removal procedure".
3) In case of air to open type and air to shut, remove the
4) Attach the handle to the stem, and turn the handle to
close the valve completely.
5) Loosen the right Union nut and the left one with a strap
6) Remove the body part from piping system.
7) Make the valve half-open with a handle for manual valve,
and remove the remaining fluid in the valve. Then
remove the handle with the valve fully closed.
8) Remove the O-ring (A) at the Carrier.
9) Engage the upper convex part of the handle with the
concave part of the union.
10) Rotate the Carrier to adjust the surface pressure.
Type 21 Type 21α
Loosen Counter clockwise Clockwise
Tighten Clockwise Counter clockwise
11) Attach the handle for manual valve to the stem, and confirm that manual operation can be
1) Perform in reverse order from step 8) of "Adjust surface pressure".
* When attaching the actuator to the valve, confirm that the direction of the opening display of
the actuator and the direction of the stem are correct. Then push the actuator into the top
flange of the valve to attach.
Type 21α : Loosen
pe 21 : Ti
Type 21α : Tighten
Type 21 : Loosen