Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A069-E Ball Valve Type21・21α Pneumatic Actuated Type AR 15-50mm (1/2”-2”) 28
21. Disassembling method for replacing parts
- If you do work with the piping installed, drain the piping of all its fluid. Some fluid will remain
in the valve. Therefore wear protective goggles and protective gloves. (You may otherwise
- Take care not to over-tighten the Union nut. (The valve can be damaged.)
- Do not use the pipe wrench. (The valve can be damaged.)
● Strap wrench ● Safety goggles ● Protective gloves
● Handle (For manual valve) ● Base plate removing jig (Optional items)
1) Completely eliminate pressure in the pipe, and completely
discharge fluid from line.
2) Remove the actuator according to Procedure 2) to 7) in the
"Actuator removal procedure".
3) In case of air to open type and air to shut, remove the shaft
4) Attach the handle to the stem, and turn the handle to close
the valve completely.
5) Loosen the right Union nut and the left one with a strap
6) Remove the body part from piping system.
7) Make the valve half-open with a handle for manual valve,
and remove the remaining fluid in the valve. Then remove
the handle with the valve fully closed.
8) Remove the O-ring(A) at the Carrier.
9) Engage the upper convex part of the handle with the
concave part of the union.
10) Turn the handle and remove the Carrier.
Type 21 Type 21
Loosen Counter clockwise Counter clockwise
Tighten Clockwise Clockwise
11) Remove the seat, O-ring (B), and O-ring (C) carefully from the Carrier without damaging it.
12) Push out the ball by hand.
13) Put out the stem from the top flange side to the body side.
14) Remove the seat and O-ring (C) carefully from the body without damaging it.
15) Remove the O-ring (D) and O-ring (E) carefully from the stem without damaging it.
Type 21α : Loosen
Type 21 : Tighten
Type 21α : Tighten
pe 21 : Loosen