Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valve Type 55・Type 55IS Pneumatic Actuated Type TA
(10) Specification of speed controller (option)
Effective cross section area
Needle No. of
Double actuation /
Air to open /
Air to close Type
(11) Installation procedure
- When suspending and supporting a valve, take care and do not stand under a suspended valve.
- Be sure to conduct a safety check on all hand and power tools to be used before beginning work.
- Wear protective gloves and safety goggles as fluid remain in the valve even if the pipeline is empty. (You
may be injured.)
- When installing a valve, the AV gasket is basically unnecessary. But using a gasket gives more stable
sealing ability in case of using a plastic flange, where easy occurrence of dent, mark or distortion can be
- When installing a pipe support by means of a U-band or something similar, take care not to over-tighten.
(Excessive force may damage the pipe.)
- Do not install the valve with the disc fully closed. (The disc may pinch into the seat, resulting in a high
operating torque and preventing the valve from operating properly.)
- When installing pipes and valves, ensure that they are not subjected to tension, compression, bending,
impact, or other excessive stress.
- Use flat faced flanges for connection to AV Valves.
- Ensure that the mating flanges are of the same standards.