Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valve Type 55・Type 55IS Pneumatic Actuated Type TA
(13) Air Piping procedure
<1>For a standard type and an attached speed controller type
- Do not remove a dust-proof cap provided to piping port before piping work starts.
- Avoid excessive tightening. (The threaded area of a pipe can be damaged.)
- Check the connection locations, air pipe sizes, and screw types with the approved drawings and other
documents for the product. Then lay the air piping.
- The operating fluid must be clean air filtered through a pertinent air filter.
- If the actuator is used in an environment below 5℃ temperature, its operating fluid must be free from the
water and moisture contained in it because of possible problems due to the freeze.
- Steel pipes must always be of the plated.
- Before installing an actuator in pipeline, flash the inside of pipeline completely.
- Do not apply a sealant excessively lest it fall off in the pipeline when an actuator is piped.
- Threaded area of a pipe must be free from the sharp edges and burr.
● Spanner wrench ● Seal tape (If seal tape isn’t used, leakage may be caused)
● Steel pipe or tube for piping ● Joint for steel pipe or tube
1) Wind a seal tape onto the male screw of the joint with
a blank about 3mm (about 2 threads) left at the end.
2) Screw the joint in the piping female screw of the
actuator by hand to the full.
3) Screw the joint one turn with a spanner wrench.
※Avoid excessive tightening. (The valve can be damaged.)
4) Mount a steel pipe or a tube.
*The diagrams at left are without speed controllers, however, air
piping procedure is the same way as above.
Single action type