Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valve Type 55・Type 55IS Pneumatic Actuated Type TA
<2> For a pressure reducing valve with a solenoid valve and a pressure reducing valve with a filter.
- Do not remove a dust-proof cap provided to piping port before piping work starts.
- Avoid excessive tightening. (The threaded area of a pipe can be damaged.)
- The operating fluid must be clean air filtered through a pertinent air filter.
- If the actuator is used in an environment below 5℃ temperature, its operating fluid must be free from the
water and moisture contained in it because of possible problems due to the freeze.
- Steel pipes must always be of the plated.
- Before installing an actuator in pipeline, flash the inside of pipeline completely.
- Do not apply a sealant excessively lest it fall off in the pipeline when an actuator is piped.
- Threaded area of a pipe must be free from the sharp edges and burr.
● Spanner wrench ● Seal tape (If seal tape isn’t used, leakage may be caused)
● Steel pipe or tube for piping ●Joint for steel pipe or tube
1) Wind a seal tape onto the male screw of the joint with
a blank about 3mm (about 2 threads) left at the end.
2) Screw the joint in the piping female screw of the
actuator by hand to the full. (Refer to fig.1, 2)
3) Screw the joint one turn with a spanner wrench.
4) Mount a steel pipe or a tube.
Avoid excessive tightening.
(The valve can be damaged.)
(Fig.1) Solenoid valve
(Fig.2) Solenoid valve, Pressure reducing valve with filter