Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
Butterfly Valve Type 55・Type 55IS Pneumatic Actuated Type TA
Automatic (Air) Operating Procedure
- Make sure that the manual handle (Option) or spanner wrench is not attached to the output shaft in the upper
part of the actuator securely.
(Otherwise the manual handle (Option) or spanner wrench will be flung off by the rotation of the output
shaft and the manual handle (Option) or spanner may injure you.)
- Keep air supply pressure from a compressor at least 0.4 MPa (4.1kgf/cm2).
(Actuator may not work normally.)
- The AV valves must be used within the specifications specifically applicable to the product.
1) Supply the air to the air supply opening.
2) Check that the valve indicating direction and the operating direction
accord with each other.
3) Stop supplying air.
<For the solenoid valve>
1) Supply the air to the solenoid valve.
2) Push the button (fig.3) with a finger, and confirm the action mode
shown in the following table.
3) Apply regular rated voltage to the solenoid valve, and confirm the
action mode shown in the following table.
4) Turn off the solenoid valve.
Air to open
Air to shut
(With a limit switch)