Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A003-E-15 Ball Valve Type 21・21α Pneumatic Actuated Type AA 10
(12) Installation procedure
- When suspending and supporting a valve, take care and do not stand under a suspended valve.
- Be sure to conduct a safety check on all hand and power tools to be used before beginning work.
- Wear protective gloves and safety goggles as fluid remain in the valve even if the pipeline is empty.
(You may be injured.)
- When installing a pipe support by means of a U-band or something similar, take care not to over-tighten.
(Excessive force may damage the pipe.)
- Do not use the pipe wrench. (The Valve can be damaged)
- When installing pipes and valves, ensure that they are not subjected to tension, compression, bending,
impact, or other excessive stress.
- When installing a piece of equipment at the end of the piping line,
be sure to keep the secondary (Downstream) End Connector and
Union Nut installed on the valve.
- When installing valve, at the end, note the direction of flow.
(Find the mark ◄ molded on the Carrier-side body.
On the secondary (Downstream) side, the Carrier is
integral with the valve body. This is the preferred
method if installation when installing the equipment at
the end of the line for safety purposes.)
- When loosening the union nut on the union side, fix the
body cap (hold it with your hand) and do work. (If the
body cap turns, the union will turn together, resulting in
the union and ball separating from the body.) If the
union is loosened, retighten the union.
- When installing, disassembling, or reassembling the piping, fix the End Connector.
- Before a water test, be sure that the Union Nut is tightly fastened.
- Fasten the Union Nut while avoiding the parallelism and axial misalignment of the flange surface.
- When connecting an ASAHI AV Valve to metal piping, take care not to let the pipe stress on the ASAHI
AV Va l v e .
- When screwing in a Metal Insert (Ensat), install it vertically. Refer to the User's Manual for Metal Insert
(Ensat) by the Maker.
- Take care not to over-tighten the Union Nut. (The valve can be damaged.)