Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A003-E-15 Ball Valve Type 21・21α Pneumatic Actuated Type AA 13
(Material : PVC, C-PVC)
- When using an adhesive, ventilate the space sufficiently, prohibit the use of a fire in the vicinity, and do not
inhale adhesive vapors directly.
- If an adhesive gets into contact with your skin, wash it off immediately. If you feel sick or find any
anomaly, receive a physician's diagnosis and take appropriate measures promptly.
- Take care in doing work at low temperatures. Solvent vapors are hard to evaporate and are likely to
remain. (Solvent cracks may occur, damaging the equipment.) After assembling the piping system, open
both ends of the piping and use a fan (of the Low-Voltage Type) or something similar to ventilate the
space, thus removing the solvent vapors.
- Use the appropriate Asahi AV cement.
- Conduct a water test at least 24 hours after joining the pipes with an adhesive/cement.
● Adhesive for hard vinyl chloride pipes
● Strap wrench
1) Loosen the union nut  with a strap wrench.
2) Remove the union nut  and end connector [4c].
3) Lead the union nut through the pipe.
4) Clean the hub part of the end connector [4c] by wiping the waste cloth.
5) Apply adhesive evenly to the hub part of the end connector [4c] and the pipe spigot.
- Do not apply more adhesive than necessary. (The valve can be damaged due to solvent cracking.)
Adhesive quantity (guideline)
Nom. Size 15mm
Quantity(g) 1.0 1.3 2.0 2.4 3.5 4.8 6.9 9.0 13.0
6) After applying adhesive, insert the pipe quickly to the end connector [4c] and leave it alone for at least 60 seconds.
7) Wipe away overflowing adhesive.
8) Make sure that O-ring(A)  is mounted
9) Set the end connector [4c] and union nut  directly on the body without allowing the O-ring (A)  to come off.
10) Tighten the union nut  on each valve until hard tight.
11) Using a strap wrench tighten union nuts uniformly on each side approx 90°-180°turns, 1/4 to 1/2 turns.