1. Active Directory support includes both single domain and multi-domain support, unless otherwise noted.
2. RADIUS and SecurID support includes support for both one-time passphrases and challenge/response
authentication integrated with RADIUS. In many cases, SecurID can also be used with other RADIUS
implementations, including Vasco.
3. The Shrew Soft client does not support two-factor authentication.
4. Fireware supports RADIUS Filter ID 11 for group authentication.
5. Both single and multiple domain Active Directory configurations are supported. For information about the
supported Operating System compatibility for the WatchGuard TO Agent and SSOAgent, see the current
Fireware and WSM Operating System Compatibility table.
6. Active Directory authentication methods are supported only through a RADIUSserver.
If you have WatchGuard System
Manager client software only
If you install WatchGuard System
Manager and WatchGuard Server
Minimum CPU Intel Core or Xeon
Intel Core or Xeon
Minimum Memory 1 GB 2 GB
250 MB 1 GB
FireboxV System Requirements
With support for installation in both a VMware and a Hyper-V environment, a WatchGuard FireboxV virtual
machine can run on a VMware ESXi 5.5, 6.0, or 6.5 host, or on Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016, or Hyper-V
Server 2012 R2 or 2016.
The hardware requirements for FireboxV are the same as for the hypervisor environment it runs in.
Each FireboxV virtual machine requires 5 GB of disk space. CPUand memory requirements vary by model:
FireboxV Model vCPUs (maximum) Memory (recommended)
Small 2 2048 MB
Medium 4 4096 MB
Large 8 4096 MB
Extra Large 16 4096 MB
Fireware and WSM v12.2 Operating System Compatibility
10 WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.