Fireware XTM and WSM v11.8.4 Operating System Compatibility
Release Notes 7
1. Active Directory support includes both single domain and multi-domain support, unless otherwise noted.
2. RADIUS and SecurID support includes support for both one-time passphrases and challenge/response
authentication integrated with RADIUS. In many cases, SecurID can also be used with other RADIUS
implementations, including Vasco.
3. The Shrew Soft client does not support two-factor authentication.
4. Fireware XTM supports RADIUS Filter ID 11 for group authentication.
5. Both single and multiple domain Active Directory configurations are supported.For information about the
supported Operating System compatibility for the WatchGuard TO Agent and SSOAgent, see the current
Fireware XTM and WSM Operating System Compatibility table.
6. Active Directory authentication methods are supported only through a RADIUSserver.
If you have WatchGuard System
Manager client software only
If you install WatchGuard System
Manager and WatchGuard Server
Minimum CPU Intel Pentium IV
Intel Pentium IV
Minimum Memory 1 GB 2 GB
250 MB 1 GB
XTMv System Requirements
With support for installation in both a VMware and a Hyper-V environment, a WatchGuard XTMv virtual
machine can run on a VMware ESXi 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1 host, or on Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server
2012, Hyper-V Server 2008 R2, or Hyper-V Server 2012.
The hardware requirements for XTMv are the same as for the hypervisor environment it runs in.
Each XTMv virtual machine requires 3 GB of disk space.
Recommended Resource Allocation Settings
Small Office Medium Office Large Office Datacenter
Virtual CPUs 1 2 4 8 or more
Memory 1 GB 2 GB 4 GB 4 GB or more