Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
H-A071-E-3Compact Ball Valve Type27 Pneumatic Actuated Type AR 13-50mm (⅜”-2”) 2
2. General operating instructions
- Never attempt to disassemble an actuator and valve.
- Using a positive-pressure gas with our plastic piping may pose a dangerous condition
due to the repellent force particular to compressible fluids even when the gas is under
similar pressures used for liquids. Therefore, be sure to take the necessary safety
precautions such as covering the piping with protective material. For inquiries, please
contact us. For conducting a leak test on newly installed piping, be sure to check for
leaks under water pressure. If absolutely necessary to use a gas in testing, please
consult your nearest service station beforehand.
- A ball-type valve structurally has a dead space. Be careful of volatile liquids such as
hydrogen peroxide solution (H2O2) and sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) because those
liquids may turn into gas in the dead space and cause an abnormal rise of pressure in the
valve. The gas that causes an abnormal rise of inner pressure thorough vaporization is
compressible fluid. So, if the valve breaks, its fragments explosively scatter, and it is very
- Do not step on or apply excessive weight on valve. (It can be damaged.)
- Keep the valve away from excessive heat or fire. (It can be damaged, or destroyed.)
- Do not use the valve to fluid containing slurry. (The valve will not operate properly.)
- Do not use AV valves in a place where they may become submerged in water.
- Do not remove a dust-proof cap provided to piping port before piping work starts.
- Be careful of the environment where the valve is installed. In particular, avoid places
exposed to salty wind, corrosive gas, chemical solution, sea water, steam, etc.
- Do not apply a great impact or vibration to the actuator.
(Any such practice may result in breakdown.)
- Use the valve working pressure, working temperature, ambient temperature within an
(The valve can be damaged or deformed by operating beyond the allowable range.)
- Allow sufficient space for maintenance and inspection.
- Select a valve material that is compatible with the media. For chemical resistance
information, refer to CHEMICAL RESISTANCE ON ASAHI AV VALVE.
(Some chemicals may damage incompatible valve materials.)
- Do not use the valve in conditions where the fluid may have crystallized.
(The valve will not operate properly.)
- Keep the valve out of direct sunlight, water and dust. Use cover to shield the valve. (The
valve will not operate properly.)
- Be careful not to allow foreign matters, water droplets, oil, and other substances to enter
from the air pipe opening and intake/exhaust hole of the actuator. (In areas that are likely
to have snow, melted water of snow that falls on the valve may enter from the air pipe
opening and intake/exhaust hole of the actuator.)
- Perform periodic maintenance. (Leakage may develop due to temperature changes or
over periods of prolonged storage, rest or operation.)
- When installing the valve, provide an appropriate support. (Failure to do so may cause
breakage due to excessive force applied to the valve body and pipes.)
- The AV valves must be used within the specifications specifically applicable to the product.
(May not work.)